Can you give me a health and safety policy?
At MSAFE, we are regularly asked whether we can give an organisation a health and safety policy? The answer in short is yes... but if you don't have a health and safety policy, it is likely that your wider management arrangements are also falling short - this is where MSAFE can help.
We’ll come and visit you to discuss your organisation, its structure and operations and carry out a GAP analysis. This will help us to inform the level of service we recommend to support you in achieving health and safety compliance or continual improvement.
Once we have developed a proposal, you'll have a number of options for services depending on your requirements. These include:
- Development of a bespoke health and safety policy together with standards you expect to follow and clear management arrangements
- Setting up management review meetings where we develop an action plan and monitor your progress
- Assisting with the development of risk assessments and safe systems of work. This may also include specific risk assessments for machinery and hazardous substances
- Training that we recommend be undertaken
- Options for undertaking health and safety monitoring of your organisation and specific sites or operations
Our approach is designed to assist you in developing a robust health and safety management system integral to the way you work, or alternatively in line with HSG65 or ISO 45001.
- Plan – Review current levels of compliance and decide what action is required
- Deliver – Set the plan into action and deliver the items required (policies, risk assessments, training & competent people). MSAFE can also work with your organisation to assist leaders of the organisation in implementing and demonstrating their commitment to the management of health and safety and in particular engaging workforce involvement
- Monitor – Check the deliverables and a robust monitoring system is in place. Ensure that there are mechanisms for communicating failures as well as successes to leaders in the organisation
- Review – In order to ascertain the effectiveness of of the management system, scheduled reviews should be carried out periodically or reactively following an incident or prior to significant changes in the organisation
We encourage all clients to work toward these principles and develop health and safety management systems that will enable the Directors to be confident that health and safety management is effective across the organisation and their employees are safe.
Whether you’re making a fresh start in terms of health and safety management, or you need an expert opinion on the arrangements you’ve implemented already, our consultants would be glad to help.
Health and safety specialists MSAFE undertake work nationwide from our head office in Bournemouth acting as Health and Safety consultants covering Dorset, Hampshire, Wiltshire, Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea, Devon, Cornwall, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire and London.