RoSPA Approved Asbestos Awareness Online Training Course
Due to the health risks associated with asbestos, the use, construction and refurbishment of premises containing the substance is now illegal.
According to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), asbestos is the biggest cause of work-related deaths in the United Kingdom.
The highest risk jobs are people who work in building repair and maintenance. However, any worker liable to encounter asbestos as part of their job role should be given sufficient training so that they can recognise asbestos and take precautions to work around it.
This course is for contractors and employees who are liable to encounter or disturb asbestos materials. The course is completely customisable to allow organisations to add, delete or amend content as appropriate to their needs and is organised in accordance with Regulation 10 of the Control Asbestos Regulations 2012 and supporting ACoP and guidance L143 managing and working with Asbestos.
Through completion of this training course, employees and contractors will learn:
- The health risks associated with asbestos and why it is a dangerous material
- How to identify different types of asbestos and where they are commonly located
- Control measures to take when working with asbestos
- How to deal with a potential contamination
How will the Asbestos Awareness Training Course benefit my company?
The Asbestos Awareness course will help your company by:
- Ensuring all employees and contractors understand the dangers of asbestos materials and understand the requirements for working safely with them
- Knowing how to communicate the whereabouts and type of any asbestos materials in the workplace with an asbestos register
- Complying with regulations to spread awareness and provide training to anyone who could come into contact with asbestos